Wednesday, January 11, 2006

How are 'U'

So, I haven't updated my blog in a while, and there are a few good reasons

1 - I was at my parents place all break and they have dial up
2 - I 'worked'* almost every day during the break, and I didn't feel like making any entries
3 - I haven't made any humorous observations about the world around me that I can remember

Except - the lack of the letter 'u' in American spellings (humour, colour, rumour, etc.) Not that I haven't known about this phenomenon for a long time, it's just something that I've been thinking about for a while. I'm sure that a lot of people think that it's because the 'u' isn't really necessary in those words.

I think they're keeping all those u's in a top secret storage facility hidden somewhere under the Rocky Mountains. As a Canadian I'm naturally suspicious of any country that has a huge 'u' surplus. The big question is, what are they going to do with all those u's.

I asked a good friend of mine who recently moved to the U.S. if she knew anything about this stockpiling of the letter 'u'. All she could tell me was that she got some information about it in a sealed envelope when she got her social security card. If she were to give me any more information the government** would come after her. Clearly there is something going on that they don't want the rest of us to know about. I'm not sure how all the American People are able to keep this secret - maybe it's like the ending of The Sixth Sense that for some reason everyone who watched it kept a secret.

There are only a few reasons that I can think of for a Nation to stockpile 'U's

1 - Some sort of a U-boat, not the kind that the Germans built, but an actual boat made from 'U's. A 'U' is already the right shape for a boat, so all they would have to do is stack a bunch of them side by side. A boat made from thousands of 'U's would be unstoppable, it would also be a lot cheaper to build than a conventional boat.

2 - A U-bomb. This is not quite the same as an H-bomb. It would be far less destructive, but no one would expect it. This is also nothing like an F-bomb, which Chuck is quite fond of.

3 - They're planning to sell them to U2 as some sort of promotion that I don't understand

4 - To confuse me. Not anyone else. Just me. I'm not sure why they feel it's necessary to confuse me, but I'm sure that I'm the only one.



* For those of you who don't know me, I work as a ski instructor in the winter, which some people don't think is real work
** In case you didn't figure this one out- she lives in California

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The friend he's talking about is my wife! WHOO!!!!

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this is Andrew's "Wife".... my name is MEREDITH - not WHOO! Just in case you were wondering.... honestly.....

1:10 PM  
Blogger Freakazojd said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Freakazojd said...

Who are you, again? And what is this thing you refer to as a "blog"?
So you're a ski instructor. Did I ever tell you I've done a lot of competitive skiing across Canada? 'Cause if I did, that would be a big steaming pile of crap. Good for you, sparky.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

Thanks for the insight, Listy McPoint-Form.

I'm glad you're back to making lists in your posts. The posts that lack lists are definitely lacking something.....mainly, uh, lists.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Junk in the Trunk said...

i gave you two separate lists in one post to make up for my past listlessness.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Freakazojd said...

Oh my god, you just said "listlessness." I freakin' love it.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Lydia said...

If blogging's good for anything...it's word invention.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Junk in the Trunk said...

invention? look it up!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home