Tuesday, December 06, 2005


Have you ever noticed that the people who always win hotdog eating contests are not the bloated, greasy, amorphous blobs that we usually associate with eating contests? The winners are more often that not, quite skinny. The most well known example of this is of course the legendary Takeru Kobayashi, whose name is almost a household word by know. Takeru Kobayashi has become synonymous with hotdogs ever since he started dominating the world of competitive eating. Think about it, how many times have you been at the deli when someone brings up a story about the famed Kobayashi? I know it happens to me on a regular basis, usually resulting in a heated debate on whether or not he could out-eat superman. I think he could, but only by a slim margin. Sure Superman probably has the gastrointestinal fortitude to compress 50 hotdogs into a quantum singularity, or if not that, at least into a ball close to the density of a neutron star, but Kobayashi has style. I mean look at that bandana. If superman tried to pull off a look like that, he'd be laughed right out of the superpeople's union, then he'd have to do all the mundane jobs that unionized superheros don't have to do because of the union reg's. Also I hear the superhero's union has great dental. So now superman has to start charging people when he saves them in order to pay for his kid's braces.

I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this

You can't?

What I'm trying to say is that more people (except Superman of course) should be wearing bandanas. If Kobayashi can pull it off why can't you, and more importantly, why haven't you tried already. It almost angers me to think of how many people could be enjoying bandanas but aren't, simply because they haven't thought of it.

here are some people that enjoy bandanas

- The Karate Kid

- bikers (some of them even have leather bandanas)

- The Bloods and the Cripps

- Axel Rose

- some guy's golden labrador that I saw in the park

- most gangsta rappers


I just realized I'm typing this while on T-3's I'm not even going to read it over, I'm just going to post it and hope for the best.

This has been Joel's 'stream of thought' writing experiment while on pain killers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home