Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Rocks Rock?

It is a well known fact that a lot of the information found on the internet is either uninformed*, missing important information, or completely bogus**. This is probably true for most subjects, but something that recently came up in a conversation with The C-man (ator) (don't ask how this subject comes up in conversation - I'm still baffled). Who would post bogus information on rocks?

As far as I can tell, no one.

1. - I think this might be because people are afraid of the U.S. geological survey, those guys must have really calloused hands, I'm sure it would be really rough if they slapped you.

2. - Or it could be because rocks are really boring. It seems to me that if you are going to fabricate information about a subject, that it would be one that more than a handful of people would be interested in, such as politics, religion or most importantly - the personal lives of celebrities.

3. - Another reason might be because in order to fabricate information about rocks you have to know something about them in the first place. No one will believe a word you have to say unless you can use credible terminology. In order to have sufficient knowledge to fabricate seemingly valid facts about rocks, you will have to have studied them. But as we said before, rocks are boring, so anyone that has studied rocks must be genuinely interested in them, and would not deceive the public about such an important subject.

4. - Most people don't have that much time on their hands. Hmmm, wait a sec. Anyone reading this obviously could be doing something more productive, so they probably have extra time on their hands. I take that first part back. Anyone who is into blogging has enough time on their hands.

5. - There is already enough bogus information on other subjects that any about rocks would be swallowed up in a tidal wave of National Enquireresque stories. I realize this is a weak argument, but that was a fun sentence to write.

6.- I just invented a new word - Enquireresque - This has nothing to do with the rest of my post, but I had to point it out.

7. - I need at least seven points to have a valid list.


Well I hope this has been enlightening. I'm sure many of you have been wondering why people don't post false information about rocks on the internet. Now you can rest easily, as I have covered this subject completely with absolutely no holes in my logic.

* I know this link doesn't work, if you don't get the joke you need to watch better movies
** sorry for the obvious link

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

uhhh...(scratches head)

8:12 AM  
Blogger Sincerely~Dana said...

I am not really sure what to say....I couldn't look at any of the links. Blasted dial-up!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

I liked point 7...also, I'm going to try and use the word "Enquiresque" in a sentence sometime this week.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Sincerely~Dana said...

Good luck with that Lyd. Can you spell it? If you couldn't, that would be RIDICULOUS!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home