Monday, April 03, 2006

New word


So, every now and then I think of a good word that has gone uninvented thus far.

Autoproctology

I came up with this word while watching some contortionist on Cirque du Soleil and I just had to share it with you. I did a quick check of Dictionary.com first to make sure it wasn't already a word. I considered doing a Google search, but I was afraid of what would come up considering what this word implies.

Although, if there are any stories involving the use of the word Autoproctology, they could prove to be quite funny.

If I come up with any more good words I'll share them with you in the future - also I welcome any of you own 'would be' additions to the English lexicon in my comment section.



Happy mental picturing!
Junk

4 Comments:

Blogger I am being paid to do this said...

I'd like to testify at this point that Joel has invented the term 'autoproctology,' NOT the practice itself.

That dubious honour goes to one Philip Rourke, of St. Wensley, Sussex, in the U.K. He successfully peered into his own void on January 12, 1994, on a dare from his mates after a drunken claim that he had "the tidiest rectum in the county." Unfortunately, seeing one's own rectum displays a curious loophome in the laws of quantum physics, when the digestive system is accellerated, as in this case, by no less that fifteen pints of Guinness Extra Stout. Mr. Rourke's anterior and posterior (head and ass) occupied, briefly, the same place at the same time, which was briefly, and only in this case,possible, but had the minor side effect of creating a very small quasar, destroying the pub table on which he attempted this feat and breaking several glasses, for which he was required to pay. Mr. Rourke, having shifted somewhat in time in order to accomodate his attempted ocular colinic exercise, was uninjured, but had to wear his best friend's coat home as his clothes had been incinerated.
So, by all means, look in your own arsehole, but play it safe. Do it with a camera like the rest of us.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Here's a new word for you.....shut up!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Junk in the Trunk said...

uh . . . that's two words (rolls eyes)

11:03 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

I was there when Joel invented that word! It really had nothing to do with the witnessing, or evidence of any ocular colinic exercise...in fact, it was just about as innocent as any proctology reference could possibly be.

Funny stuff. Good post.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home