Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Toys

It is no secret that dudes are into toys. It is also no secret that most of these toys involve a motor of some sort. It is also no secret that it snows a lot in the C.O.G. (County of Grey)

Because of these three factors a lot of people that live up here have tractors to aid in the snow removal chores. I think that the tractor is one of the ultimate man toys. The reason for this might be that men and tractors have so much in common.

Here comes the list:

1) They're big. While not all men are as big as others, we definitely act like we are sometimes. Or at least tell others that we are to try to impress them - if you know what I mean.

2) They Stink. "I'm not a bath man myself, more of a cologne man" Tractors - as well as men are known to emit harmful fumes quite regularily.

3) They're ugly. Unless they're Metro, most guys will admit to ugliness in some small way.

4) They make obnoxious noises. Joe . . .

5) They're low maintenance. Ok, I'm sure most of you know some dudes that aren't low maintenance, and there are a few of you out there who have been frustrated with broken tractors - but look at the big picture here.

6) They're greasy and oily. Not much to explain here.

7) They serve one main purpose. I'll leave it up to you to figure out what I mean by that. You can chose to make it dirty - or not.

8) They have great traction. Well this one doesn't apply to Tomtastic on an icy driveway. It doesn't really apply at all, but I just wanted to bring up Tom's incident the other night. By the way we used a tractor to pull him out.

9) You won't find either one in 'Le Chateau'

10) As long as they still work, they're worth keeping around.


Well, that's the end of my list. I didn't know this post would turn into this when I started typing. I guess I was just inspired because I took a picture of my dad's 'new' tractor.

Any Ideas on what to name it?

8 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Look at all that snow! In some ways I miss it. However, in another more accurate way I love being in a place where it's sunny and warm almost everyday and the highest our energy bill gets is $40.

Tractors are cool!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Nice tractor Joel, you must be very proud!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

You should definitely name the tractor, "The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza", simply because that's the coolest band name of all time.

10:20 PM  
Blogger I am being paid to do this said...

You will name this tractor 'Reggie', but you have to roll the 'r' when you say it.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Freakazojd said...

Tommy da Twactow. Aw, so cute. Widdew Tommy! Widdew Tommy da Twactow!
a;kdfjn..
Oh, do excuse me, I just brought up my evening meal. I think you should name the tractor Fred. Or you could always try my word verification: Aappung

8:06 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

I'm just here to verify Tom's number 5.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Sincerely~Dana said...

I think you should name it rusty...I am not sure why.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Tourguy said...

OOPS
I'm really new at this and posted my comment in the wrong section.
(Old Age)
Anyways, as you become older its not the size of the toy but the creature comforts it provides.
1) A heated cab to block the wind during the regular Grey County blizzards. Also to prevent you from having your butt stuck frozen to the seat.
2) Wiper so you can actually see where you going.
3)Lights that work so others can see you and not smack into you while you try to clean out the pile of snow left by the plow as it raced past our driveway.
I haven't seen any names I like yet. Winter will soon be here and would be great to be able to have something to say to the thing when it won't start in the morning.

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home