Friday, March 24, 2006

We're not alone in here!

So, here I am sitting at my computer, minding my own business, thinking that the only living things in my house at the present are myself and two cats. And perhaps the plethora of insects that tend to co-habitate with people (it's gross but it's true).

Suddenly I hear this rustling from somewhere behind me. Right away, and from past experience, I knew there was a mouse scurrying around in the room somewhere. Now, this is not that uncommon when you live between two farms and have two cats, so I didn't really think that much of it. But, I also knew that it would be next to impossible to catch it with all the desks and filing cabinets in the computer room, so I decided to see where if went and find a cat to sic on it.

I heard somewhere that cats are supposed to catch mice, and one of my cats regularly brings dead ones into the house to show off to us,so I know that she has the skills. Unfortunately, cats are kind of lazy, and they only do stuff that they feel like doing at the time. (hmmmm kind of like me) So when the cat saw the mouse she kind of looked interested, but instead of pouncing on it she just kind of watched it run around the room and out a tiny 1/4 inch square hole beside the door.


Now, I'm not a cat, and I don't know that much about mouse hunting technique, but I'm pretty sure that she had a number of opportunities to pounce on the little bugger. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed in my cat, especially since she probably brought the mouse in in the first place. So, now there's a mouse loose somewhere in my house and the cats won't kill it. I'm anticipating some interesting situations, especially if it dies somewhere in the ductwork. Hopefully this post didn't bore you, this is just the kind of stuff I have to put up with around here. Also, if you're afraid of mice, I suggest you don't hang out here for a little bit

Ciao for Niao

10 Comments:

Blogger Sincerely~Dana said...

There was one in our house a while ago that would steal the dog's food and hide it in my washing machine and every time I'd do laundry, every time it would go to the rinse cycle, it would sound like it was hailing in the laundry room and all the food would dump out the bottom of the machine all over the floor. Yeah, I was ticked.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

You should train your cats to be mice hunting ninjas. They would obey your every command. Then you could train more ninja cats and make millions!!!! MWA HA HA HA!!!!!

6:34 PM  
Blogger I am being paid to do this said...

Peanut Butter, man.

Not to catch the mice... although that works.

Just eat some peanut butter.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

My Grandpa killed a mouse with a flyswatter once. (I wasn't there though...ask Dana.)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Junk in the Trunk said...

Dude, great idea with the peanut butter, I haven't had peanut butter since Wednesday. It was really good too. I had some toast with P.B. and J.

Cool story, huh

9:18 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

Wait, who are P.B. and J, and why don't you just use their full names? Unless you're ashamed of them, in which case, that's just rude. Why would you hang out with people and then be ashamed to mention them later? Although, I never considered that you might actually be trying to spare their identities from the hoards of protesters against name abbreviation who just might knock P.B and J out with their protest signs if they learned their actual names and locations. That would hurt. Those would have to be some big effin' signs, for the "People Against Name Abbreviations Making All Certainty About Names A Labour". Think about the size of the effers who have to carry those signs! And pretty soon, you're at war with the PANAMA CANAL, and then what are you gonna do?

Except, of course, for the fact that if you used their actual names, they wouldn't be abbreviated, in which case, the PANAMA CANAL would have nothing to protest, and I would owe you an apology.

9:02 PM  
Blogger AmbientBoy said...

I dig the catch phrase.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Junk in the Trunk said...

Wow Lydia, you know that someone's been hanging out with Tom a lot when you see a rant like that. I'm impressed though, you seem to be able to finish a rant whereas Tom . . .

9:44 AM  
Blogger Junk in the Trunk said...

Maybe you should bend over at the end of a tune

5:06 PM  
Blogger Junk in the Trunk said...

See. I only need one sentence to make my point.

You're not allowed to count the previous sentence - or this one.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home