Monday, October 02, 2006

Jiggers! It's the Fuzz!

So, here I am, driving down highway six at about 1:00am, minding my own business, when I notice dome distant headlights on the horizon. Now, when I'm driving at night and I see distant headlights there is always a chance that it is a cop, so I checked my speed "whoops too fast - meh, it's probably not a cop"

Hmmmm, I was wrong. I noticed that as I passed thee car is started to slow down, leading me to believe that it was indeed a cop. I also noticed that it had a light bar on the top "Please be an MTO car" - not so much

Well, I pulled over and psyched myself up to talk to the cop.

Here is how the conversation went

Me: (pulls out driver's license to hand to cop)
Cop: (looks in window - doesn't even look at drivers license)(female voice) "You're Joel right?"
Me: (wierded out) "Yeah"
Cop: "I went to highschool with you"
Me: (pretending to recognize her) "Oh yeah"
Me: (to myself) "I hope she doesn't ask me if I remember her name"
Cop: "I got you doing 115"
Me: Oh Yeah (stock response)
Cop: "Try to slow down, drive carefully - have a good night"
Me: (emphatically) "Thank you"

I drove off - "PHEW!"

Me: "Maybe I'll set the cruise control now"

4 Comments:

Blogger Junk in the Trunk said...

In your case it usually means you have a vivid imagination

11:34 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Ahhhh! Now I want to know who the hell that cop was!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Lydia said...

In the 1 in a bajillion chance that Tom is right, I really hope that Vinyl 45 makes you lots of money soon, cuz you'll have to bail me out for assaulting a police officer.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Freakazojd said...

You lucky, lucky bastard.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home